Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Alkaline Phosphatase level

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Alkaline Phosphatase level
I have Primary Amyloidosis. It was discovered in 1995 by a liver biopsy because of high liver enzymes. My Alkaline Phosphatase was 540 U/L. I took 2 years of chemothearpy of VBMCP for heptic amyloid. Now my Alkaline Phosphatase is in the normal range. My question is what is Alkaline Phosphatase a measure of?
A related discussion, IMy friend was diagnosed to have high level of Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) was started.