Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Alkaline phosphatase

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Alkaline phosphatase
I have been fever for almost 3weeks.  But the temperature is not high, usually around 99.5F to Max 100.2F.  I was recommended for blood test. My recent blood test result showed a very high level of alkaline phosphatase around 170 while normal level should be around 110.
The result also revealed a higher enzyme level on liver.
My family doctor advises me to do another testing so as to get an independent value from bone, muscle and etc.

Back to 1999,  my blood test also showed higher level on liver but the alkaline phosphatase were normal.  I was requested to do an abdomen ultrasound.  Everything was fine.

I would like to know what the possible causes and results on higher level of alkaline phosphatase.  Is it common?  

Looking forward to your reply.

Anxious Anthony
A related discussion, lack of smell w/salty taste was started.