Anal Leakage
(Over 2 years) My symptoms include:1)Anal leakage: More after a bowel movement. If I wipe it clean, I can go back an hour later wipe again and find residue on the paper. This can go on for quite sometime. 2)Incomplete bowel movement: I usually feel like there is still some left but it won
Infection, irritable bowel disease, anatomical abnormalities, or anorectal dysfunction can all lead to the symptoms you describe.

Obtaining stool cultures to rule out infection and a colonoscopy would be a reasonable, comprehensive approach to evaluate for many of the major causes.

More specialized testing, like analysis of the stool for malabsorption, as well as tests to rule out anorectal dysfunction (i.e. endorectal ultrasound), can be considered if the symptoms continue.  

If the tests continue to be negative, irritable bowel disease can be considered.  An approach to this would be increasing the amount of fiber in the diet, as well as antispasmodic medications.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
Old cologne just irritates your skin.
Try using anti bacterial soap and gently wash the area several times and dry it well,if it were bacterial infection.
If it were fungal infection,you need to take that acid phil culture either in tablet or in yogurt,also try applying some of that yogurt on skin for several days and see if it helps.It should have a cool smoothing effect.
You also need to keep that area dry and ventilated to avoid recurrance,which means no tight underwear where air does not circulate.
A related discussion, Anal Leakage was started.
A related discussion, fecal leakage after bowel movement was started.
A related discussion, need 2 no was started.
A related discussion, Discomfort, gas & bloating was started.
A related discussion, anal leakage was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Gastroenterologist in your area?