Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Anyone else with Stomach problems since September? Also medicine questi...

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Anyone else with Stomach problems since September? Also medicine question.

Been having trouble with stomach problems for over 3 months now. Acid problems which is more painful when my stomach is empty. Also, have to go to the bathroom right after I eat.Nexium doesn't really help and I'm not showing an ulcer. Anyone else get these problems in the same time frame as I have?

Also, curious about the effectiveness of medicine I've had in my shelf. Have Cipro which expired Feb. of 2000. Was reading where medicine can still be effective for 5 years. Is it still good?

Live in NJ, thats why i'm asking these particular questions. :)
-8 Comments
It's natural that you would be worried about anthrax. But don't take your "old" Cipro, for 2 reasons.

1) It might be outdated, and worthless or dangerous.

2) Even if you do have anthrax, there are other, far safer medicines that are very effective against anthrax, and that don't have the terrible side effects that Cipro does have.

You need to go see a good doc, and get tested to find out WHAT you DO have, so you will have choices of treatment. Good luck to you!

When you get a diagnosis, also visit a good health food store, to see what natural remedies you could use!

Sincerely,
Concerned lady

***@****
http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com
I went and took the Cipro,(Couldn't take it anymore.)and feel great. First time since September.

The next question is, should I go back to the doctor and have blood work done to see if it was just a stomach virus?

Thanks for your help.
Terry,

If it would give you peace of mind, go for it, and get the tests.

If you feel fine, and want to wait til you have some other problem, you could wait. It's your choice. Do what feels best to YOU. Or, you could call up your doctor and speak to the doctor, and ask his or her advice about whether to come in for tests!!

But, since you did take the anti-biotic, I urge you to get some yogurt with live cultures, or, some ACIDOPHILUS/BIFIDUS, from a good health food store, to re-populate the beneficial bacteria in your large intestine ("probiotics") that were probably destroyed by the Cipro.

I also suggest that you not take antibiotics, without a prescription, in the future, because if you take the wrong kind, you could worsen an infection! Then, you might have a very "resistant" infection that might not respond to any antibiotics.

Seems like no harm was done, this time.

Sincerely,
Concerned lady

***@****
http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com