Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
BACTERIA

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

BACTERIA
My wife has been diagnosed with stomach bacteria by an exam
done by her gastroenteroligist.  I am wondering if oral sex
can be the cause of this problem.  She has had it before and
took medication that caused her to have head aches.
The bacteria that was found is likely H Pylori - a bacteria that is associated with ulcers and inflammation.  

I am not aware of oral sex being a mode of transmission for this disease.

Treatment normally consists of an acid-blocker along with two antibiotics.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b
is it hector pylori bacteria??
it is usally from dirty water or food.
stomach acid is very strong ,it can kill a lot of bacteria,unfortunately not this one.
what medication was she on??