Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
BITTER TASTE IN MOUTH?

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

BITTER TASTE IN MOUTH?

THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS I HAVE HAD A CONTINUALLY BITTER TASTE IN MY MOUTH. NO OTHER SYMPTOMS. I AM A 22 YEAR OLD WOMAN. JUST WONDERING IF THIS COULD BE A SIGN OF SOMETHING.
Tags: crazy, years
Have you checked out your tongue...sometimes it can get a coating
on it which makes a bitter taste. When I brush my teeth I always brush my tongue too. Whenever I get a bitter taste in my mouth I go to the mirror and stick out my tonge and sure enough there is a coating on it.., and when i clean it off the taste goes away.
take care
If you have tried Virgo's suggestion and it didn't work, don't think you are crazy. I also experience various tastes in my mouth. Sometimes it is a taste of aluminum, like tin foil. Other times, my tongue hurts and sometimes feels almost like it is numb or scorched. I also experience a smell disorder, like I smell an ammonia or foul odor aroma that doesn't really exist in the room -- it's like it's coming from an internal problem.  
This is just a couple of many problems that I am experiencing right now and are minimal compared to my other problems so I am just working with my family doctor and gastroenterologist (stomach doctor) right now.

The main point is don't give up. I don't have any answers, just keep seeking advice, and don't let anyone try to convince you that you are crazy.  There are other people out there with problems similar to yours and our problems ARE real whether the doctors can give us answers or not.
I have been having a bitter taste for close to two months!
Some years ago I was diagnosed with slow gastric emptying (nausea, no appetite, tiredness, and sometimes a bitter taste); but the only symptom I have now is the bitter taste.  Very annoying.
I've been to the dentist and did have a tooth abscess.  Had that taken care of, but the taste persists.
I had been on Fosamax for about eight months and one of the rare side effects can be an "altered" taste.  Have stopped the Fosamax, but the bitter taste persists.
When I had the bitter taste years ago, it spontaneously disappeared one day but I don't remember how long it took.
Has anyone found any remedies?
Thanks,
maryfran
A related discussion, Bitter Taste in Mouth was started.