Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
BOWEL INFECTION

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

BOWEL INFECTION
CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT A BOWEL INFECTION? I THINK THE NAME IS C DIF.
you can get "c-defficil" i think thats the way it's spelled? from the hospital that's what they thought i had because of bad diarrhea after gallbladder removel. u might need to get a endoscapy to see if it it c-def  if u do they will prescibe antibiotic . if they do make sure to take probiotic as well so that your good intestinal will still keep working,  that why so dr will tell u to eat yogart when on antibiotics. probiotics is better  good luck
   I am answering you a month after your post so I hope that you get this.  If your doc suspects C diff, you do not need a colonsopy to determine if you in fact have it.  C diff can be detected in the stool.  So a "simple" stool sample can be taken and the lab can test it.  No scope needed.