Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
BURNING STOMACH AFTER EATING AND BOWL MOVEMENT

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

age 35
Twenty days back  i had out side food. Next day onwards iam having burning sensation in my stomach with  bowl movement after lunch, dinner and breakfast.
On 4th day i have 3 lose bowl movements, i took Norflaxcin for 3 days. i had sore throat when this started.  Everything is fine. After one week again iam having bowl movements with sore throat immediately after lunch dinner and breakfast.
I called my primary care physician in india, he gave me ciproflaxcin& tindazloe 1000mg for 5 days. Everything is fine when iam on medicine. One week passed. After medicines stopped .. first day i felt some thing in my left throat. when i googled
saw good remedies for sore throat , Apple cider vinegar... i had it for 4 days....and my throat is clear.

Now and then from last 25 days i feel stomach burning  around navel area and right side immediately after having food. Some times i need to go to bathroom. After that it is fine. Very mild sensation.
Recently i went to GI , he didn't talk to me and nurse checked everything and told there is nothing abnormal. After that doctor came and handed over 2 papers for colonoscopy. He didn't have word with me.
He didn't performed any test till now.
Iam afraid  to go with it.
Its been a week since i stopped medicines ( cipro &tindazole). Now iam not having any bowl movements after lumch and dinner. But i feel mild burning sensation in stomach. some times i have urge to go but rare.
My parents and family have no history of gastric problems or cancers.

I would like to know , is colonoscopy necessary,?

what is this burnning stomach after eating? and sore throat?

Today morning i had normal digestion , after that i had 4 bread slices followed by lose bowl movement and mild burning in my stomach. After lunch  its fine. and in evening i had food just now , its fine.
Is colonoscopy necessary? iam afraid. i didn't have any blood test till now.
Persistent changes in the bowel habits warrants a colonoscopy to exclude inflammatory bowel disease, polyps, or possible cancer that you don't want to miss.  I would continue with your GI's suggestion.

Regarding the stomach pain, a variety of causes, such as GERD, an ulcer, or H Pylori gastritis, are among the potential reasons for the symptoms.

An upper endoscopy would not be unreasonable, as well as blood tests to exclude H Pylori.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin Pho, M.D.

KevinMD.com
Twitter.com/kevinmd
Hi im 27 and a bachelor.. i eat food in hotels most of the times.. i have the problem of burning burps.. it happens for a couple of days and then i feel normal and again after a month or 3 weeks again i feel the same for 2 or 3 days.. now the new problem is im not able to eat any food.. no matter how soft the food is i feel like burning even when i swallow.. i suspect this as ulcer.. i manage situations like this with Digene or gelusil mps..
suggest me some way of good eating habits please include what i shouldnt eat to avoid these problems..