Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Barrett's Esophagus

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Barrett's Esophagus
Posted By Dennis D. on February 17, 1998 at 22:28:04:

I have Barretts esophagus and have been told to stay away from fatty and acidic foods. I am looking for a list of foods that are considered acidic. I have been told about citrus and tomato, are there any others?
Also, there is a new product on the market called Prelief. When added to food, it reduces the acid up to 90%. Is this recommended to be used when you have Barretts Esophagus? I am 41 years old, 6'-1" tall and 165 pounds. I am very active and I run 18-20 miles per week. My GERD is controlled with medication, so my biggest concern now is to have the proper diet. Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.