Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Blood in vomit
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood in vomit

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can offer some insight on my problem. I am a 29 year old male in good health. Two days ago I felt sick then I vomited alot of blood. I was not feeling well for the couple of days leading up to it, I felt like I had the flu, and to make matters worse I did consume about 8 bottles of beer before this happened, and I hadn't eaten dinner yet. I dont have insurance, and being a single dad of two boys I am finacially strained, so I cant pay for a hospital visit. I have been under alot of stress latley, and I probally have been drinking more than I should, but I dont know if this could be the cause of the problem? Of course I have not had another drink since, nor do I intend to for a long while. I guess I should add that this was the first time this ever happened, and it has not happened since. I also did look at my stool, and I didn't see any traces of blood there. Anyone know of something that could be the cuase of this hopefully temporary condition? Thanks