Blue Stools

Our 9 year old son has had blue stools the last 2 days.  He feels fine, lots of energy, normal appetite.  The stools are well formed, but blue.  There was some green tonight (7/15), but blue has been the color recently.  Why blue?  He goes swimming at a public pool.  The family has eaten the same food as our son, with normal stool color.  
______________
Dear Mathews,
I am uncertain why your son should experience a transient change in the color of hi stool.  My initial thought is that he ate something that stained the stool.  I doubt that the change resulted from swallowing chlorinated water.
THis information is presented for educational purposes only.  Always consult your personal physician for specific medical questions.
HFHSM.D.-rf
*keywords: stool
0.1

A related discussion, blue colour in stool was started.
A related discussion, BlueStools was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Gastroenterologist in your area?