Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Botox injection for stomach
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Botox injection for stomach

Confirmed Gastroparesis, as well as Chronic Pancreatitis and IBS.  I have had my gallbladder removed and had to have a Sphincter of Oddi surgery with pancreatobiliary sphincterotomy.  Upper abdominal pain/pressure  is present almost every day and can't find the right med to help.   In addition, currently I have been only able to eat soft foods such as baked pot., rice, pudding, etc.  Now, anytime I eat even the smallest amounts I immediately have an acidic taste in my mouth.
Last doctor I went to did not think gastroparesis was the problem, but rather functional dyspepsia. He tried me on Neurontin for pain, Viokase 16 enzymes and occasionally Bentyl.  Also, Darvocet N 100 as needed.  Current doctor does believe Gastroparesis is the right diagnosis, as well as SIBO.  Also, he believes the pain may be neuropathic. He tried me on Reglan again, but cannot take due to side effects.  I am currently on Cipro 250/2x daily for 15 days. For pain he may try me on Lyrica.  For the acidic taste in mouth he said to take the Nexium twice daily, but if it is bile problem he might try me on questran?  Also, he is thinking about trying a botox injection in the stomach to help with emptying.  
Do you think this is all stomach related, or do you think it could be small bowel obstruction? What are your thoughts on the Botox?  How do I know if the pain is neuropathic?