Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Bowel Movement and changes in color
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bowel Movement and changes in color

Tues evening, 04/08/03, I had dinner at my sister in law and we had red wine (3 glasses) and spaghetti - nothing out of the ordinary. Wed morning I woke up and had stomach cramping and diarhrea (very loose). I took Immodium AD in pill form after the condition continued for 2 hours of running back and forth. At this point I had begun a hemorroidal flair up which was very painful. The Immodium took effect and the cramping continued for a day but the diahrea stopped. The following day (Thurs)I noticed blood on my stool and in my gaseous dicharge, I assumed this was from the hemmroidal bleeding. I was never actually able to determine if the bleeding was hemroidal or not because I could not see any extermal bleeding when blotting my rectum but did have the bleeding continue for 2 more days. If the bleeding had continued until Monday 04/14/03 I was going to seek the advice of my doctor but it stopped before Sunday morning. I have not had any furhter bleeding but now my stool has turned green. I first noticed it last night and then again this morning.

My question is concering if the bleeding, which has stopped, could be related to my green movements. AND... what could cause my movements to be green? I have not eaten anything out of the ordinary and am concerned that this color change would follow after the bleeding. I am not experiencing any cramping or loose movements any longer and the hemmroidal swelling is almost gone as well as the tenderness which accompanies the swelling.