Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Breathing difficulties.. Hiatal Hernia
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Breathing difficulties.. Hiatal Hernia

I have been diagnosed with a "slight" hiatal Hernia about 1 year ago.  I also have constant chest pain and get rapid heart beats and it seems like the heart is beating harder.  I also am having a problem where it seems like I cannot breath properly through my diaphram.  A few days ago, I was riding in a car and leaned down and for a brief second, I could not intake any breath.  I stretched out and could breath fine.  Since that day, I notice that I get a feeling of slightly not able to catch my breath and each time,  it feels like the problem is right in the middle/below the chest where the ribs meet.  

My question is:  Could this be due to the hiatal hernia getting worse and what, exactly, type of test do I need to get done to find out what is going on.  

Thanks for your time,
Bill