Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Bright Green Stool

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Bright Green Stool

Never saw this before.  Stool normal in consistency and odor.  But is it ever green! No pain, no drugs, no strange diet.  Any ideas what could cause this? This is not a khaki, avocado or brown-green.  This is kelly, malachite, fresh-cooked broccoli green!
Tags: stool, food, Pain
i have it, too.  they think it is my gall bladder or biliary ducts or liver... b/c i have  pain.  this has gone on 2 two days... i would like to know myself.
Hmmmm, i have green stool quite often too, and my doc told me its normal.  It happens when food passes to quickly down the colon, was what was explained to me.  Ask your doc about that.  I was told green is nothing to worry about, except maybe some type of flu.
Did you guys eat anything blue?  The "end" result is usually green.
Same thing for two days now.  It's glowing green.  The only unusual things were novacaine at the dentist, and a frozen black cherry drink at Burger King.  I read on another site that some things like dark Kool-Aid can cause green.
You are not alone!
Did you ever find an answer to this mystery?  If so, could you share it?  Your description is exactly the same as my friends, and she's concerned that this is not a mere art movement.

Thank you, and take care.
My 5 mo. old grandaughter has the same thing for 1 month now. Daughter is calling doctor today.
I did some more searching and saw the frozen black cherry drink from Burger King questioned two other times.  My problem went away by the third day after the drink.  So based on my timing and the other references, it appears we're in the midst of the glowing-green poop epidemic from Burger King.
Have you been drinking Frozen Black Cherry drinks from Burger King?  I have the same exact symptom and that is the only thing I can think of that has enough food coloring to cause this.