Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
CCK-hida scan results-Need help
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

CCK-hida scan results-Need help

I have been experienceing ruq abd pain that has been getting increasingly painful and interfering with my work and home life. It has started radiating up into my right chest into shoulder and around to my back.I have had an US, CT, EUS, and regular hida all which showed no gallstones or other problems. All blood work is normal including tests for h-pylori, celiac and LFTS. My recent CCK-HIDA results reads:Common bile duct seen in 9 mins, gallbladder in 12, and small bowel in 25 mins. All normal. Then after Sincalide was give over 45 mins there was no obvious gallbladder emtying on visual inspection or time activity curve. The pt experienced chest pain but no definite abd pain. (which is not true. I did have the ruq pain radiating into back and right chest)There is also no relative increase in small bowel motilty when compared to pre-sincalide scan.
COnclusion:Abnormal gallbladder ejection fraction, but the pt experienced no abd pain like recent complain (disagree).The pt did experience chest pain.
I have had IBS for 15 years now. Baseline constipation with horrible attacts of lower abd pain and diarrhe which relieves it. Symptoms not the same as these suppected to be my gallbladder. I am a 33 yr old female. All the family member on my fathers side have had their gallbladders removed either due to gallstones or dysfinstion GB.
My question is would this be consided a normal test. According to my GI Dr's RN he wrote in my record it was normal-slightly abdnormal. He told me if my EF was <25% my GB would definitely come out. Now I dont know where to go from here. I cant take the pain but he seems to think everything is normal. WOuld you consider this normal and what would you recommend as my next step? I cant keep living on pain meds!
Thanks for any advise you can give.
Tags: Chest, Pain, IBS