Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
CT of the abdomen and pelvis with and without contrast
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

CT of the abdomen and pelvis with and without contrast

I am a 50 year old woman. I am worried because I am feeling abdominal pain, many months ago, specially towards the left side of my abdomen, my abdomen is bloaded and I have never had this huge stomach(I work out very much).It is very easy to see a prominence towards my left side. Almost where my left ovary is. i thought it was an inguinal hernia...but it is not and hernia.  I still have my menstruation cycle.

I had a CT Scan(pelvic and abdominal), and the results of my CT Scan are:

INDICATION: The patient with pelvic pain and history of ovarian cysts.

"The liver shows no ductal dilatation. There are multiple fluid density lesions within the liver, the largest of which is located at the right hepatic dome and measures 2.8 cm. The lesions measuring less than a centimeter in size are to small to be accurately characterized.

The uterus is noted to be bulky and heterogenous.  There is prominence of the left adnexa, too small to characterize. There is no free fluid or significant pelvic sidewall lymphadenopathy. There is no significant inguinal lymphadenopathy.

The spleen,pancreas,adrenal glands and kidneys are unremarkable. There is no free fluid or significant upper retroperitoneal lymphadenopathy.
The bowel demonstrates no evidence of focal obstruction.
IMPRESSIONS
1.- Multiple fluid density masses along the right aspect of the liver, likely representing cysts. this to be confirmed with utrasonography as the lesions measuring less than a centimeter in size are too samll to accurately characterize.
2.- No free fluid or significant lymphadenopathy.
3.- Heterogeneous and bulky uterus with mild prominence of the left adenexa. this may represent leiomyomatous change. Correlation with pelvic utrasonography is recommended.

As you can see i would like to have an opinion from you doctors.  I feel confused and do not know if this is serious, or I do not have to worry so much.  What would be my next step?

Thank you very much and may God bless you all