Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Can Bile cause heartburn?
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Can Bile cause heartburn?

I posted earlier regarding my gallbladder being removed last month and how well I've been doing until this past Saturday.  My question is this...I'm still suffering with the burning in my chest despite taking 30 mg. Prevacid twice a day.  (Not to mention the Tums, Mylanta, and Alka Selzter I try) I'm barely eating ANYTHING.  Mostly crackers and water.  I'm tired of this chest burning.  I'm wondering if this is bile backing up.  I have diarhea (diarrhea) at least twice a day and it is a bright orange color.  Is this bright orange the bile in my stool?  My surgeon told me to wait a week (that was Tues.) to see if I still have symptoms before he refers me to a gastro.  I'm about to go crazy with this burning.  Thanks for your help.