Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Can gastroenterology problems contribute to weight gain?

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Over the past several months I've had increased stomach and lower back pain, severe bloating and a lot of gas.  I've continued to work-out 5-6 times/week and eat healthy, but now I've noticed I've even started to GAIN weight, in spite of this.  Could my other problems be the reason for the unexplained weight gain???
HAVE THEY PUT YOU ON ANY MEDICATIONS ; AND YOUR ANSWER TO QUESTION ON WAIGHT GAIN FROM GI  PROBLEMS IS YES.ALSO THE REASON I ASK ABOUT MEDICATIONS IS THAT THEY ALSO CAN CAUSE YOU TO GAIN WAIGHT . FROM YOUR SYMPTOMS IT SOUNDS AS THOUGH YOU NEED TO SEE A GASTRO/ DIGESTIVE SPECIALEST.DON'T PUT IT OFF.BET OF LUCK