Can protien drinks or gall bladder removal affect liver enzyme levels?
After an insurance exam, I have elevated levels of GGt at 113.... I was told the acceptable range is 2-65...
I am 41 year old male and have three things I think might the be culprit.  Please comment perhaps % wise, which of the three you would guess would be the most likely... (I am going to my physician for follow up tests tommorow)  Also, my lower back hurts, quite often...
1.  Gall bladder was removed 2.5 years ago... can this cause elevated enzyme levels?  It is possible the bile duct was damagad during surgery and this is the problem?

2.  I drink high protein drinks and eat alot of protein for my workout regimen... could this affect liver enzymes and/or be compounded by the fact that my gall bladder is a goner?

3.  I drink alcohol (2-6 drinks per week on average except during water ski season when my drinking average goes up to 12-15 drinks per week for about 12 weeks)  

Well, cast your vote... please assign percentages to all three of these or just give your opinion...Thanks
EJ
OK..removing the gallbladder will get rid of your pain, but not necessarily your digestive problems.  Stones can from in the ducts long after surgery because the problem begins in the liver which makes the bile. Taking out the storage unit doesn't clean up your liver.  You should definately follow a healthier life style which you could only benefit from.  First you should cut out your alcohol consumption which can elevate your liver enzymes
and also avoid sugar. Also avoid any Advil, Motrin or Ibuprofen products.  If you don't follow a healthier diet you will still have a hard time metabolising fats in your digestive system and continue to have problems.