Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Can protien drinks or gall bladder removal affect liver enzyme levels?
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Can protien drinks or gall bladder removal affect liver enzyme levels?

After an insurance exam, I have elevated levels of GGt at 113.... I was told the acceptable range is 2-65...
I am 41 year old male and have three things I think might the be culprit.  Please comment perhaps % wise, which of the three you would guess would be the most likely... (I am going to my physician for follow up tests tommorow)  Also, my lower back hurts, quite often...
1.  Gall bladder was removed 2.5 years ago... can this cause elevated enzyme levels?  It is possible the bile duct was damagad during surgery and this is the problem?

2.  I drink high protein drinks and eat alot of protein for my workout regimen... could this affect liver enzymes and/or be compounded by the fact that my gall bladder is a goner?

3.  I drink alcohol (2-6 drinks per week on average except during water ski season when my drinking average goes up to 12-15 drinks per week for about 12 weeks)  

Well, cast your vote... please assign percentages to all three of these or just give your opinion...Thanks