Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Chronic Reflux? - What to do
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chronic Reflux? - What to do

Hi Dr,

After three days of being on doxycycline for en eye infection, I started experiencing a sour stomach, nausea, and acid buildup in my throat. I had to continue with the doxy for a total of 2 months. Went to PCP and he put me on Priloec 2x/day with no relief. Now he added reglan before breakfast and dinner. Been on Prilosec for approx 1 month and Reglan for 5 days. No reflief and my appt with a gastro isn't for 2 weeks.

I am looking for advice on what I can do for relief? Try another PPI? My main symptoms now seem to be reflux for most of the day. Mornings are usually worse, but still can feel the acid in my throat at night as well. Sometimes eating does help my symptoms.

Thanks!