Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Chronic undiagnosed GI issue

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Chronic undiagnosed GI issue

Im a 19 year old male, and I've been experiencing these issues since about the end of may/beginning of june.

I have an extreme amount of excess gas, I can't stop burping. I usually end up vomiting once or twice, and then have some diharreah, but not too bad. I get bloated, and have gas pains between my gentials and belly button. If you press on that area, it really hurts. I also have acid reflux along with this; every time I've vomited, it has been extremely acidic. Lost nearly 40 pounds, and I almost never have an appetite.

If you have any ideas what this could be, please let me know.
Hi!
Excess of gas, reflux and acidity can be due to your diet habits: what you eat, timing etc. It can also be due to gastric ulcers and excess acid production. Another possibility is an inflammatory bowel condition (Crohn’s, IBS, celiac, ulcerative colitis). Food intolerance is another possibility. So, you need to consult a doctor and rule these out one by one.

You can log in what you eat and the symptoms as they appear. You may be able to identify a correlation between a particular food type and your symptoms. Also, eat 4-5 small meals at regular intervals to avoid excess gas and acid production.

Also you need to make some life style changes such as taking a late night snack, drinking cold milk, avoiding heavy meals and eating frequent small meals, avoiding too much of caffeine, tea, smoking, fried food and drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic fuzzy ones, avoiding heavy exercises within 4 hours of a heavy meal, raising the head end of the bed by pillows to 30 degrees, and avoiding lying down for least 2 hours after food.

You can also take a combination of medications (under medical supervision) like a proton pump inhibitor such as omeprazole, lansoprazole or pantoprazole empty stomach in the morning and an antacid gel after meals or H-2 blocker such as ranitidine for complete relief. However, please consult a doctor before starting these.

Apart from this your doctor may do barium meals X-rays, endoscopy, carbon urea breath test (to rule out H pylori infection), celiac test, etc to reach a diagnosis. Please consult your doctor regarding this.

I sincerely hope you will find this information useful in your journey towards better health.

Hope you get well soon! Good Luck and take care!
dear Dr..

I believe you can help me..

i have experienced discomfort (mild pain, pepperish feeling) in my Right upper, mid and lower abdomen. i feel bloated all the time. the discomfort never seams to leave. i am always bloated
when i pass out gas it is always terrible and the gas is always frequent .

i fear to eat and after consulting the doctor i was not made to do any test whatsoever but i was given the following drugs

omaprezole
chlaritomycin
nugel
amoxacylin

during the time i was taking em i felt a little relief but after the medication was done the discomfort began again.. i only felt a lil relief after re taking the chlaritomycin..

No diarrhoea
No nausea

i have hepatitis b but my LFTs and AFPs are all normal.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH ADVICE