Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Chronical Hepatitis B, what are my options
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chronical Hepatitis B, what are my options

I was dialognised with cronical HBV about three years ago. I had accurate HBV when I was about 16. I've been seeing a doctor at U of M. for some time now. The doctor tried to get me into some trials about two years ago. But my ALT was not elevated anough. According to the doctor, since my ALT was not hight enough, I would probably not reponse to normal treatment like lamivudine. Hence I waited.

Last week I did another ALT test, this time it's high enough (90) for a trial. But for some reasons we decided not to participate in that specific trial. Instead of that, I would like to start normal treatment as soon as possible. Because of the doctor's busy schedule,it seems that I won't be able to see the doctor until late next month.

I am worried about the flucuation of my ALT level and afraid that when I finally get to see the doctor he/she might find that my ALT is not elevated anough. I've waited for a long time and I don't want to do that any more. Although I've made peace with HBV, I will do my best to make things right for me.

By the way. I am about 35 and my general health is good.

Please tell me what options I have. My insurance is M-Care. I can see any doctor within M-Care network.

Thanks a lot,