Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Colitis and palpable supraclavicular lymph nodes
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Colitis and palpable supraclavicular lymph nodes

I was recently diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and was wondering if there is any relationship between the colitis and palpable supraclavicular lymph nodes on my left side. The lymph nodes suddenly became palpable in March. Later that month I started having night sweats. In May I started losing weight and having left abdominal pain and left flank pain. By July the pain had become constant and I began noticing blood in my stool followed by frequent bowel movements of small quantities, and always feeling like I had to go. After my colonoscopy it was determined that I had colitis. In addition, I've already had tons of tests done to rule out lymphoma and other cancers prior to the gastro-related tests (endoscopy, CT Scan). Could the lymph nodes be related to some other infection that we're just missing? The lymph nodes have pretty much stayed the same size since becoming palpable. It started with one node and then 3 others appeared right after. They're not tender, they're not fixed or rubbery...but they're not palpable on the right and they weren't palapable prior to this. Thoughts?