Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Could dull ache indicate gallbladder disease?

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

I am a 31 year old overweight mother to 3 children under 4 (a set of twins in there).  I had what I think is a classic gallbladder episode last weekend.  I had severe pain in the upper right quadrant and it felt as if someone was squeezing my ribs tot he point pf making them crack.  I also had pain mostly in my upper back.  This was by far the worst pain I have ever felt in my life (made me feel like a wimp complaining about my crash c-section with twin B).  I was very sore the next day and felt as if I had been hit by a mack truck.

I had an u/s which showed no stones and a wall thickness of 3.4.  I am scheduled for a Hida Scan in September.

Yesterday, I had a small episode which lasted about 3 hours and consisted of mostly middle right back ache (a dull ache) that went around my waist and to the middle of the right part of my stomach-- but it was mostly in my back (right side).  Occassionally I had small sharp pains radiating toward my scapula and shoulder blade.  This wasn't actue pain, but rather a bothersome ache.  Could this be as indicative of a gall bladder problem as the severe pain?

Thank you for your time.
It is possibly related to the Gallbladder. Wait and see what the HIDA Scan shows.
I have been having pain in my right side under my right rib that goes to my back....
It was not gallbladder, but turns out to maybe be crohn's disease or bowel related. I have an internal specialist..I will let you know the results if you'd like. I find out next Monday september, 10th. e-mail me at gleeson_lisa***@**** if you'd like me to tell you my results....