Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Could this be kidney stones?
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Could this be kidney stones?

For approximately one week, I have experienced abdominal and low back pain associated with gas and bloating.  The pain gets worse at night, the last two nights I have been unable to sleep due to the severity of the pain.  The pain is worse when lying on my side; it lessens slightly when lying on my stomach.  It feels like back labor at times.  My stools are loose, with a lot of clear mucus.  

I went to the doctor, and he took a urine specimen.  He diagnosed a bladder infection and possible intestinal virus.  He prescribed a barbituate and an antibiotic.

I have no pain or burning with urinating nor frequency in urination.  I have had urinary tract infections several times and I know what they feel like.  This is nothing like what I have experienced in the past.

I have a high treshhold of pain.  I have undergone back surgery and I have chronic back pain.  The lower back pain associated with this illness is not the same.  Could this possibly be kidney stones?