Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Could this be vascular?
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Could this be vascular?

I have had an MRCP, a colonoscopy, and an EU in the past 18 months..All look normal exept for a relatively mild  hiatal hernia first  diagnosed 3 years ago by simple endoscopies(2). My blood work is  fine. I have been experiencing upper  abdominal " charley horses" following certain moves, or under certain conditions.Tying shoe laces, or bending/crouching down to do something.Bad coughing. Anything like" crunches"Standing up and stretching hard, relieves it, but the area stays quite sore for at least a day afterwards. I call it a " charley horse" because the muscle-diaphragm?-- draws up in a ball just as a calf muscle does--about the size of  a golf ball-- Absolutely cannot vomit bending over as most people would. Have to stay standing in a bath tub or, at best tilting slightly over sink. No, nausea is NOT a problem,---but  have had severe food poisoning abroad-also the flu- etc. over a period of time. Most recently I have frequent pain in an area  under my right rib-s and now,-the cramp has begun to happen if I strain at all on the toilet.  It has been  a slow progression but whatever triggers this spasm seems to be getting worse and more frequent.-- I have mild IBS -like symptoms, am 66 years old. generally in good health 5' 7&3/4"-  165 lbs.-. The extra lbs(25 ?) are unfortunately around my waist. Since I have had the tests I mentioned,--and the time period is pretty long even if it is getting worse--.as  a layperson--my thought is that it might be vascular--something pushing against a vein.,and briefly causing ischemia. I am reluctant to have further tests unless they are truly non-invasive.