Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Cramps in digestive system near anus.
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Cramps in digestive system near anus.

Hello,

For probably 8 years or more now, I have occasionally had cramps (a constant ache) in the area of my digestive system that seems like its just inside my anus.  The cramps last about an hour, sometimes a little more, and then it just goes away.  It feels a little like I'm having a hard time passing a stool, but I always try and never can, even after the cramps go away.  I used to think it occurred whenever I consumed meat on an empty stomach, because it generally came on about 7 hours after such consumption.  Sometimes, that theory is shot down because I'll get the cramps on days when I have eaten quite well too (like today).  It doesn't always happen this way, but very frequently, the cramps seem to be brought on by sexual activity.  I am 31 years old, and have seen my doctor about it about a year ago, but she checked me for prostate cancer and said I was OK.  She also had me get an x-ray the same day, but I never heard anything back, so I assumed everything was OK, even though I've continued to have these cramps.  I've read the database here, and the closest thing I seem to find is IBS, but those symptoms don't seem to match quite with mine....as well, I can't really say I've ever had blood in my stools, either....maybe a speck or two on the toilet tissue, but VERY rarely.