Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Diarrhea/Stomach Pain and Noises/Weight loss/Gas
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Diarrhea/Stomach Pain and Noises/Weight loss/Gas

My boyfriend who is 20 years old has been having many problems with his stomache..... etc. He has been having constant diarrea (diarrhea) for 3 weeks (all loose/diarrea, nothing solid), has bad lower stomache pains especially after eating, severe gas, has lost 8 lbs and his stomache makes noises that are clearly heard. He went to see his doctor a few days ago and he was told that he had the flu. I really don't believe this and I am trying to convince his to go back and see his OR another doctor for a second opinion. I am very concerned that it is something serious. He is not taking and medications except for the occassional allergy pill. He is very healthy but has been suffering from sleeping problems for years. He can fall asleep easily, but any little noise can wake him up and he can not get back to sleep for the majority of the time. It's almost as if he doesn't go into the complete "asleep" stage but is merely "relaxed" so to speak. He does have an enourmous amount of stress from University, work and helping me through my severe depression for almost 8 months now. Any ideas of what it could be? Any over the counter medications that can help? Next steps to take to get immediate reaction from his doctor? Thank You for any comments and suggestions :) They are greatly appreciated.
Jeanette