Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Digestive Disorder???

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Digestive Disorder???

For the past 3 years I've been having HORRIBLE stomach aches. The pain is unlike anything I've ever felt, it's able to wake me up from sleeping and it makes it hard to stay still or get comfortable. It's also kinda of numb if that makes sense? It happens about 2 or 3 hours after eating a meal and the only way I've found to get rid of it is 1). Just waiting for it to stop, which usually takes 4-5 hours or 2). Waiting the pain to make me throw up. When I do throw up my food comes out in chunks, it literally looks like its never even been chewed sometimes. After the pain goes away I feel weak, dehydrated and sleepy. Last year I went to the hospital, they did scans and stuff and said that I was just extremely backed up. So they gave me a ton of laxatives (which didn't help at all). After that the stomach aches didn't stop. So I thought maybe I was Lactose Intolerant and I cut everything dairy from my diet which did help for a short period of time but the pain ended up coming back. I'm thinking it make be my stomach not being able to digest my food but I really don't know. My stomach starts hurting no matter what I eat now. I plan to go back to the doctor soon but I wanted to get another opinion before I went. I really don't know what else to do, the fear of being in pain is stopping me from eating and I've lost a lot of weight because of that. I'm going to college in the spring and my parents are afraid to let me go because of this "condition" and them not being there to help me. PLEASE HELP.
1 Comment
Misery at that level should have an answer. There are many possible conditions that would produce these symptoms ranging from gallbladder disease to diffuse dysmotility syndromes. A thorough and thoughtful evaluation should give an answer and, hopefully, a solution.