Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Does anyone have a good positive story for gullbladder(gallbladder) rem...

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Does anyone have a good positive story for gullbladder(gallbladder) removal?

I just found this sight today and honestly, it has scared me alot. I just had my gallbladder removed 8 days ago. Today was my first day with nausea which i had hoped would go away after the surgery. Also the pain right around where my ribs start (by my stomach) are sore. Would that be because of the surgery still being new? I am thought that pain would go away also. Anyway, I have been reading others stories and now I do not feel to good about getting this surgery in the first place anymore. Everyone seems to have a negative experience. So if anyone has had a good experiwnce I would really like to know.
I also have been getting tingling in my left hand for 2 days of and on. Any ideas?
thanks you
  Dawn
Tags: Pain
Hi - None of us that post things to this website do so to scare anyone.  Although I find it very odd that so many people do have problems after gallbladder surgery there are many out there that don't.  I have a friend who had her gallbladder removed on Friday and was back to work on Monday.  She's not had any problems.  I've been told that only 5% of the patients who have their gallbladder removed continue to have problems afterwards.  And of that 5% most of them had another underlying problem that was present before their gallbladders were removed.  You are probably still tender from the surgery. That should go away in time.  I hope and pray that your surgery resolved your problems cause its no fun going to one doctor after another and they tell you the problem is in your head.   I was desperate to get rid of the pain on my right side I opted for the ERCP with sphincterotomy knowing that my chances were about 20% of getting pancreatitis from the procedure.  Which I did. I spent 3 days in the hospital.  I'm home now on a liquid diet.  The discharge nurse told me that I quite possibly had pancreatitis long before it was determined that my gallbladder needed to come out. But because it was full of stones, the doctors thought that was the cure all solution. Live and learn, I guess.  Take care and best of luck to you.  I hope your recovery is quick.
Keep in mind that most people who participate in this group are not recovered people, but those of us with problems.

My gallbladder was removed laparascopically 11 days ago.  It has partially solved my problems; in my case that was the expected outcome.  I ate my first Peanut Butter sandwhich in 2 months.  It went down fine.  Two months ago, fat intolerance would have made me miserable.  

And that is my good news story.  So keep looking up!
Thank-you so much for responding to my questions and concerns.
I actually feel a little better now after the 2 responses I got.
My doctor just told me the other day that my gullbladder (gallbladder) was very inflammed when it was removed so I know that it needed to come out.
actually after 2 weeks I am still experiencing pain all around the bottom of my ribs.(all on my right side and around my back. I keep wondering if I should still be feeling pain. I am going for a lung scan this week because I get out of breath when I walk or move around. (My doctor wants to check for blood clot)
Anyway, I never really had pain the first 5 days after surgery besides the gas from the carbon they pump into you during the surgey.
                              thanks again for listening!
I found out some really intersting news today.  I had my gallbladder out Jan 2001 and have been through the ringer of tests and suffered the pain and nausea and then some.  I think you all would be interested in what is called post cholecystecomy syndrome.  It sounds awful but there is hope with Lipitor believe it or not.  I have suffered now onlym a 1.5yrs of agony and may have found a treatment that works.  I have an interesting article that if anyone is interested please feel free to write or emailme.Hopefully this will work I will keep you all posted.  God bless you all and may god be with you all.Hopefully this will bring you words of encouragemnet.
I have been having problem with my gullbladder (gallbladder) which we had no idea about it. I went into the doctor and I told them that i had heartburn and i was taking pepcid for it. I just happened to go into the doctor and they put me on nexium because they didn't want me to get a hole in my esophigus. they tried telling me it was my stomach and i told them to check my gullbladder (gallbladder). So, after two years they finally checked and sure enough it was my gullbladder (gallbladder)! they told me that my gullbladder (gallbladder) was deseased and that it would have to come out right away and so here i am still waiting for it to come out. They told me right away that it would have to come out and here i am still waiting!
i have to go and see a specalist and find out what happens.
Since i havn't went yet i would like for someone to write me and let me know what's it like to get surgery and what it's like after the surgery.

ps. ***@****
                        thank you and God bless