Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Does someone know what is wrong with me????

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

I am 28, female.  I keep getting 'attacks', we are becoming more frequent.  The symptoms I have are:

Severe lower abdominal pain, which radiates to my lower back, within 20 minutes after eating.
Sometimes up to 12 bowel movements a day.  Sometimes these are bright orange or yellow, sometimes I also have orange or clear mucous.
While I have these attacks, which can last weeks, my stools also end up pencil thin, and burn me badly.
My stools are not always diaherra (diarrhea), however, even with solid stools I go up to 5 or 6 times a day, depending on if I eat.
Occasionally, bright red blood after going to the toilet.
A few times I have had severe vomiting attacks, and just before I vomit, I get very, very hot, like I am on fire.
Latley, I am constantly burping after I eat or drink, even if i drink water.
Inbetween the attacks, I sometimes suffer severe constipation, where I cant go to the toliet for a week, so even if my stools aren't hard, its like my bowel will not push them out, and I have to rock back and forth on the toilet.

I have lost a little weight as well.

I am at the end of my wit.  If anyone has these symptoms and knows what it is, please help.

I think you need to get checked out by a gastroenterologist Paula. Sounds like it could be Crohn's disease, or it might just be bad IBS. I would try to find the best GI doc in your area and have some tests done. Then you can get treatment and start feeling better.
Do you have any abdominal pain or backaches?  I would see a Gastroenterologist as soon as possible, your symptoms are also similiar to those present with pancreatic problems.  A bloodtest can check your amylase and lipase levels which usually are elevated with pancreatitis, but not always.  Good luck
Nanny
wilson is correct you need to see a gastro specialest asap this way you will be able to get on the road to diagnosesing the problem many gastro problems have a way of mimicing one another there is a realy good test that is a kind of tell all test it is called a colonoscopy see if you can get a specialest to arange one for you .good luck.
Thanks heaps for your time and comments.  I have now seen a gastro specialist, i have had blood and stool tests (still waiting for those results).  I have also had a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis and every thing was normal.  I also had a Small Bowel Series done, which was also normal.  However, they did note a extremely fast transit time (the baruim went right through me in 10 minutes).  I am seeing my specialist again in a couple of weeks, and I will let you know how I go.

Thanks again

Paula
I have similar problems and have had an upper GI, abdominal ultrasound and CT scan, blood tests, and stool sample.  No luck finding out the problem and I too pass stuff really quickly.
Send me an email @***@**** if you figure anything out!
I just had a colonoscopy and panendoscopy performed.  They found colonic diviticula.  They also took several biopsies, but I am still waiting for those results.  As soon as I have the results and see my specialist again, I wil let you know what th eout come for me is.

thank you all for your help and concern

paula
hi paula
I was just reading your symptoms and they kind of sound similar to mine.
i am going crazy trying to figure out what is wrong with me.i'm 26 years, for the last 8 months or so i've had lower abdominal pain on my left hand side the only other symptom i had was constipation, which i didn't take very seriously because i've had it for around 4 years which i attributed to 3 prenancies.
I went to my doctor about the abdominal pain and was told to have an ultrasound to look at my ovaries which turned out normal
i didn't persue the matter and let it go. months later the pain didn't do and the constipation got worse so i saw a gastroentirologist who said because of my age he did not think the pain was anything serious and put me on a laxative to se if the pain would go if the constipation got better.
only now the pain seems to be there basically everyday and lately i have new symptoms other pains in abdominal area,lots of gas (burping) after i eat, bloating, stomach pain, and now funny shaped stool which i examined it appeared flat on one side and round on the other as if something had pressed on the flat side and there was also some blood mixed in the stool.
I'm freaking out please let me know if anyone has had a similar experience and please paula let me know how everything went for you
regards sofie