Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Dull, upper abdominal pain
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dull, upper abdominal pain

I had my colon removed about 4 years ago. I don't have a bag, was reconnected inside. No problems regarding the surgery. However ,now I am experiencing a dull, kind of burning in my center upper abdomen. The strange part about it, when it first began, whenever I would stress about something I would immediately feel it in this area, like someone had this area gripped in a vice. I have had these same symptoms on a few other occassions and they seem to subside, but it seems a little longer this time. I had hoped that once I had the surgery this wouldn't happen anymore. I was tested for that h.pylori and it was negative. I am going to be going in for an MRI, but I don't know if that will show anything or not. I admit I do internalize things, and I have been checked for ulcers in the past, but were negative. Should I be checked again even though I have no colon? Any thoughts on what this might be? I feel fine except for this localized dull pain in my abdomen. I have taken Zantac, Prilosec,Tagamet and Maalox. Hasn't helped. I also seem to be a little constipated, but that wouldn't be causing this upper pain? Wouldn't my symptoms be more like cramping? Thanks for your time.