Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Elevated AST, ALT and GGT levels
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Elevated AST, ALT and GGT levels

After full physical in february I had the following levels:  AST 34, ALT 48, GGT 154.  Was sent for blood work agian after one month counts went to AST 36, ALT 57, GGT 137.  Hepatitis was negative.  I do not drink.  My cholesterol was 240 and has been in that range for a long time.  I was on Effexor (for anxiety) since November.  I no longer take it. The only other medication I take is a prenatal vitamin. (I had a baby in May 2003 after 2 years of Invitro Trials).  

Two years ago before I started my infertility treatments I had my Gall Bladder removed. (was not giving me a problem, but did not want to take a chance of having a problem if I got pregnant).  Before the whole Gall Bladder issue, when I had a full physical in 2001, my liver counts were up (I am not sure which one) but I was convinced that it was because I was taking Tylenol P.M. every night.  

At my doctors recommendation she is sending me for a sonogram which I will have done in the next few weeks.  

What else could cause these elevations.  I do eat lots of chocolate (which she made a comment on).  Otherwise, my sugar level was 89, I am 5 10 and weigh 160. Have been more on the thin side most of my life.  Your comments would be appreciated.