Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Elevated GOT and INDBILI levels

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Elevated GOT and INDBILI levels
After undergoing a routine blood test, the liver function analysis came back with elevated levels of GOT (69 U/L) and INDBILI (1.0 MG/DL).  What are the substances that were measured and what is the significance of the alleged elevated levels.  I am a 30 year old non-smoking male with moderate alcohol intake (6-8 drinks/week).  My doctor left a message telling me to stop alcohol intake for 2 months at which time he would take another blood test.
alcohol intake (6-8 drinks/week)

This is not moderate drinking, and the doctor is concerned mostly of liver induced problems possibly do to alcohol. I really am no doctor and do not dx. Do as he say's see what takes place.
FIRST OFF, THAT IS MODERATE INTAKE. I DRINK 30-45 BEERS OVER A THREE DAY SPAN PER WEEK. MY LEVELS WERE HIGH DUE TO MONO AND DRINKING. I QUIT FOR 104 DAYS AND THEY RETURNED TO NORMAL. AFTER I STARTED DRINKING AGAIN THEY WERE RE-ELEVATED. MY DOCTORS SAYS I SHOULD QUIT DRINKING BUT I'M WAITING TO SEE A SPECIALIST