Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Elevated Liver Enzymes and Endometriosis
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Elevated Liver Enzymes and Endometriosis

I have had 3 blood tests in the past 6 weeks which show a gradual increase in both my ALT and AST. (ALT now is at 140 and AST at 52).  My doctor and I have ruled out medications, alcohol and hepatitis.  I have severe endometriosis and was wondering if somehow the two are connected.  Has anyone heard of a connection between the two?
Related Discussions
4 Comments
Blank
Ask the doctor to check into the possibility of fatty infiltration of the liver.  Have you had a scan of the abdomen?  The doctor should consider the possibility of Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis if they can "see" the fatty infiltration on the ultrasound scan.  
   Are you overweight?  Do you have a history of diabetes in your family?
Blank
I have no history of diabetes in my family and am about 10 lbs overweight.  I do have IBS as well and was looking at autoimmune hepatits information.  I know self diagnosis is not recommended - but I am worried and anxious.  He is stumped and has requested that I go see a gast./internal medicine doctor - I couldn't get in until Nov. 1st - so am very anxious.  Thanks for your response.
Blank
Get checked out for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis.   If you have gastric issues such as Crohns and Ulcerative Colitis, you stand a greater risk of having this disease also (one is not causative of the other) which presents itself by elevated liver enzymes.
Blank
Thanks - I will check that out.  I am now experiencing pain in under my right rib cage and in my back (right below my right shoulder blade).  It started with a sharp, burning pain in the middle of the night and is now a constant stabbing pain.  I had more blood drawn to again check the level of the ALT and AST and had a sonogram because my doctor thought maybe it was gallstones or gallbladder related.  I have not heard back from my doctor on the results - should hear today - but was told by the technician performing the sonogram that my gallbladder looked fine and that there were no stones.  I also have wake up in the middle of night with numbness in my fingers - is that somehow related.  My fingers don't appear to be swollen.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity