Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Eosinophilic Gastritis
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Eosinophilic Gastritis

I am a 28 year old female who was diagnosed with EG four years ago.  Since then, I have had 2 operations to remove 95% of my stomach, due to non-healing ulcers.  Recently, a large ulcer, with eosinophilic infiltration, was found on my stomach remnant. I am on the "prednisone, doxepin (to lower mast cell count), zyrtec, prevacid, zantac" treatment, and am fed through a jtube, as I am now unable to digest any solid food.  The drug therapy has not helped in the past and the doctors are thinking that removal of the rest of the stomach may be necessary.  Is there any other possible treatments that I could try?  I have been unable to eat real food for over 3 years and am down to 90 lbs
(5'6").  Also, is there any information available about stomach transplants, either human to human or pig to human?  I am at my wits end and willing to try anything.

PS.  The doctors do not believe my disease is caused by an allergy, as I have had all the tests.  In addition, I was born with a very high eosinophil count.

Thanks!