Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Excessive Burping

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Excessive Burping

For the past few months I have been having excessive belching & tightness of the chest.  Almost feels like my breathing is reduced.  Not gasping but uncomfortable.  Went to the Dr. & ER a little while back.  ER thought it may have been swallowing excess air....DR said no though.  Just thought some diet pills I took speed up my body.  Well it did go away for a little while.  But now about 1 month-2months later its back.  
Pepcid does nothing.  Any Ideas?? This is really becoming tiresome.  Hope to get a DR appt. soon just cant get in until June (they are booked)
Oddly Enough I had IBS & lastose intolerence for a  few years but once this belching started my lactose has disappeared. I find that very odd.
Thanks for your time

Some anti gas pills work for some people and not for others.  Maybe you should ask your doctor to try one of the others.  It is a trial and error prossess, but that is what I had to do when I had simular problems.
I have tried them all....LOL
Was able to get an a appointment for next monday now...thank goodness.  Hope I can get something that works, cause this is bad & can be painful at times.
Just seems so odd cause it occurs all day long, very little relief. SOmetimes having pain in my upper abs.
Thanks for replying..will keep ya updated.
Jennie
I just had surgery for acid reflux. I had the same symptoms you have. Short of breath ,coughing etc. Like you can't take a deep breath-right.good luck. I had 24 hr ph test done which told me the acid was getting into my lungs causing these problems
My DR. is doing the scope down my throat on tuesday...also sending me for a chest xray to check my lungs.  
He has given me Protonix in the meantime.  Just the breathing gets worse day by day it seems....I wonder when I should be concerned.  
Thanks so much you have but my mind more at ease...being 26 its scarey not being able to breath properly..makes my mind think of the most horrid outcomes.  
Jennie
I'M A 32 YEAR OLD WOMAN THAT HAS BEEN SUFFERING WITH EXCESSIVE BURPING SINCE BEING PREGNANT WITH MY SECOND CHILD, HE IS NOW 4 AND I CONTINUE TO BURP NON-STOP.  I SUFFER FROM TIGHTNESS IN MY CHEST ESPECIALLY NEAR MY STERNUM AND HAVE LOST A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT, I WAS 142LB IN APRIL AND AM PRESENTLY 115LB WITHOUT TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT.  MY CONDITION SEEMS TO BE AGGRAVATED BY STRESS AND LEAVES ME WITH NO APPETITE AT ALL.  THE TIGHTNESS IN MY CHEST CAUSES NAUSEA AND DRY HEAVING SINCE I DON'T HAVE AN APPETITE.  THIS HAS CAUSED DEPRESSION AND I WISH I COULD JUST FEEL WELL AGAIN SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE IT'S HOPELESS. I HAD AN EGD DONE ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF AGO AND EVERYTHING WAS NORMAL THE NOT KNOWING AND THE LACK OF RELIEF IS WHAT STRESSES ME OUT THE MOST.  I'VE TRIED GAS-X WITH NO HELP IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE LIKE ME?

JOANNE

JOANNE

JOANNE
A related discussion, Re: tightness in chest and continuous gas was started.
A related discussion, Natural remedy for was started.
A related discussion, anybody recognize these symptoms?? was started.