Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Excessive Burping and Stomach Noises
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Excessive Burping and Stomach Noises

I've recently been seen for reflux and have been taking Prilosec for about 2 weeks. I'm noticing that I have to burp constantly and have a lot of stomach noises, including gas. This lasts continuously. Is this a possible side effect of Prilosec?
Related Discussions
0 Comments
Blank
Don't know if this could be side effect of prilosec - you could check the drug information on the internet.  Are you in pain?  I find when I have stomach pain I swallow air - this tends to give more pain and gas and bloating and greater stomach movements.  I mostly manage to reduce this by being consciously aware of it and it improved further if stomach pain improved (though not immediately).  Maybe someone else could also comment on this.
Blank
my husband suffers from constant burping. he has been on Prevaid
and is now off. the burping starts early in the morning around 4:00AM and last all day. could this be from the prevacid or something else. the doctor has done all kinds of test and came up with nothing. is this a common problem and will it go away?
Blank
I've had excessive burping for over a year. No stomach pain or discomfort out of ordinary. The burping is most active when I'm sitting, & especially if I'm sitting & leaning forward. In a social situation, I can partially control it by consciously breathing more deeply, & controlling the audible ("swallowing the burp"). But it has persisted. It is a daily occurrance, most active for one to two hrs after meals, or after drinking several oz or more liquid of any kind.
Blank
A related discussion, stomach gases & pain was started.
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703