FATIGUE AFTER EATING

I AM A 55 FEMALE. EVERYTIME I EAT SOMETHING SOLID ABOUT 15 MINUTES LATER I GET VERY TIRED ALMOST LIKE I HAVE TAKEN AN ANTIHISTAMINE.  I LAY DOWN FOR ABOUT 10-15 MINUTES THEN I FEEL NORMAL AGAIN.  IF I DO NOT LAY DOWN, THEN I WILL CONTINUE TO FEEL TIRED UNTILL I CAN LAY DOWN.  I HAVE HAD BLOOD WORK DONE AND MY DOCTOR DOES NOT KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING THIS.  IF I EAT YOGART OR SOMETHING LIQUID IT DOES NOT HAPPEN. WHAT CAN YOU SUGGEST?
________
Dear Betty,
There are reports in the lay literature that people may have fatigue after eating large carbohydrate loads.  My suggestion is that you experiment with your diet to determine which dietary manipulations can alter your symptoms.  If eating yogurt with your meals prevents the fatigue, then you should take a small amount of yogurt every time you eat.  Try to identify specific foods that cause your problem and avoid them.  Also, reduce carbohydrate (sugar) content and see if your symptom changes.
Best of luck.
This information is presented for educational purposes only.  Always consult your personal physician for specific medical questions.
HFHSM.D.-rf
*keywords:
0.2