Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Fatty Liver, fatty kidneys

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Fatty Liver, fatty kidneys

My husband has been having chest pain for about 8 weeks, he has had several tests for his heart and they have somewhat ruled that out.  He does have an enlarged heart but the cardio said it was not anything to worry about.  He tested positive for H-pylori, took the prev pack, no change in pain though.  Went in for an ab ultrasound and they reported that he had a fatty liver and kidneys.  Can this cause chest pain that travels to his right upper side.  One of his liver tests was off on his blood test also.  We are going to a Gastro on Monday, he has had a endo and it did not show anything, we are getting very frustrated with the pain he is having and not finding any answers.  Anyone have any experience with this type of pain and what may be the cause of it.
Thank you for this information.  I was not sure where to start looking to do this research.  Do you think his gallbladder could be causing all this to happen.  He doesn't drink alcohol at all and never was a heavy drinker so it is strange that his liver is affected.  Thanks for your help and I will continue to look into this research.
I was diagnosed with fatty liver after an ultrasound scan showed fatty infiltration into my liver and a fatty tumor in each kidney.  I am currently participating in a Clinical Trial for fatty liver (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis).  I had pain in my right side for years and years and years.  I had been to every kind of doctor.  The doctors do not know what causes fatty liver.  I have donated lots of blood to the research effort.  If you go to the website, ClinicalTrials.gov and do a search on fatty liver, you can see a lot of information about it there. Anyway, the only recommendation the doctors have is to loose weight.  I have lost 20 pounds and I feel much better.  Some of the pains have gone away.
I am a 40 YO male and had similar symptoms.  Went to the dr. and he ran every test imaginable on the heart.  When that was ruled out as a cuase, he went after the digestive tract and found via colonoscopy that I had gastritis.  Through weight loss and avoidance of alcohol, caffiene and spicy food (except cyane pepper, which seems to help me for some reason) the chest, back pain greatly subsided.  Whenever I do overindulge on alcohol or food for more than a day or two, the symptoms return.  Pepto-type drugs seem to help me also.  Good Luck!