Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Fatty liver and gall bladder

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Fatty liver and gall bladder

I recently had a sonogram which showed I had a fatty liver and a slight thickening of the gall bladder wall.  I was told to avoid alcohol, which I did and I am scheduled to get a test done on my gallbladder, which the Dr. said will show how well it is working (can't remember the name of the test).  I also had elevated liver enzynes.  My Doctor didn't seem to concerned about the fatty liver. He really didn't give much time to even ask questions about this.  I still get intermittent mild pain about 2-3 inches above the navel area but to the right and sometimes around to the back. The pain sometimes starts with body movement.  This pain sometimes goes up under the ribs.
Could this pain be from the gall bladder or the liver or other reasons?  This pain seems to move around alot and doesn't seem to be related to meals.  How long does it take for a fatty liver to reverse itself?  I will not drink alcohol anymore but I was wondering if a couple non-alcoholic beers a day are alright for someone to drink with a fatty liver?
Fatty liver is benign in someone with no underlying conditions that would cause cirrosis (cirrhosis) such as alcoholism. By itself it means nothing. I know this because my mother was told she had that after exploratory surgery for another problem. It was an incidental finding and of no concern. Of course she complained of a full feeling in her abdomen for a couple of years after finding out she had "fatty" liver. Now if you are an alcoholic then that's another story. You can do a search online and find lots of info, just type in fatty liver.
i dont know but i think i had this problem,,liver tests were elevated and they gave me a test and found no reason for it,,my bile ducts were fine..he put me on a med. called actigal and lo and behold after a couple of months my liver tests were in the normal range ..they had been elevated for a couple of yrs though..
well i was told i had stage 3 liver desease , from what i have gotten no answere....dr. said only one med that would do any good and it was and is actigal....this medication has been making me so sick, the more and longer i am on it the sicker i get....i am still trying...to go on . taking at nite...but i feel like a big flu bug has hit me....did you react on this and if so for how long did you go before you felt better/ this doctor tells me this is the only choice i have to help my cirros condition....going in for test down my throat on thurs 15?
If you take a look at this page:
<h4><a href=http://www.curezone.com/forums/forum.asp?ForumID=73>Liver Cleanse FAQ</a></h4> You will find many stories from people who experienced those symptoms.

These are the symptoms of intrahepatic stones, stones inside liver bile ducts.

There is a maze of bile ducts inside liver.

Stones inside can be up to 3 cm across.

There could be thousands od stones inside liver. It is suggested that the only real cure is liver cleanse. You can read a lot about liver cleanse on that web site ...

You can read hundreds of stories on that web site ...

Good luck
Liza~