Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Feels like I have something stuck in my chest when I swallow

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

When I swallow it feels like I have something in my chest that impedes my swallowing.  It's not in my throat it feels like it in in my chest. Any one have advice on where to begin or what it could be?  Thanks.
I had this feeling for a long time, along with heartburn, which later turned into acid reflux(food coming back into the throat)! Sometimes it even felt like when I ate rice, potatoes etc. that it would get caught in the bottom of my throat and swell! I finally had a endoscope and I have 3 ulcers, gastritis, and a hiatal hernia! I was put on prevacid , 30 milligrams which did stop the acid reflux and crampy stomach for the first week I used it! I did however develop canker sores on my tongue within 2 days of starting the prevacid..called the pharmacist and he said it wasnt from the Prevacid! Within a week, I also was getting a rash on my face, dry and itchy..I thought it was ragweed allergies but turned out to be from the Prevacid..also had alot of pressure feelings in my chest, and shoulders! I finally had enough of all this **** so I called my Gastrologist and he changed me to Nexuim.20 milligrams but Im so med phobic due to peniciliin allergies and now this from the Prevacid! Has anyone experienced any problems while on nexuim? Thanks Linda
I'm on Nexium 40 mg. since mid-august and it has worked ok for me.  I am anti-medication too if I can help it but it really has helped me out.

Kim
I am having these problems too but have been prescribed a tablet called cimetidine. Now they have ran out i am getting bad stomach cramps.