Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Fluttering

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Fluttering

Below sternum flutter ( can actually see movement) off and on during day and night.  No pain, nausea, or other discomfort.  Any ideas?
I am also looking for the answer.  Mine has not been as bad the past two days.  Its weird.  It feels like it is just moving around.  Let me know if you hear anything.  Merry Christmas.
I also have been having this problem for like 6 months that I can remember.  It was so weird that I thought I was pregnant and was going to kill my gyn if I was. But I wasn't but hope someone can give some possibilities of what it could be.
I also experienced this problem and it happened after i started eating raw parsley each morning...i was doing it as a way of getting chlorophyl but when the fluttering started i looked on the net and it said parsley helps cleanse the kidneys...i kept doing it and it eventually stopped, so i surmised some type of tolerance or cleansing occurred...what type of dietary things were any of you doing...can you pin anything down...?
The only thing that I have been taking is Papaya, as a digestive  enzyme and acidophilus.  And I haven't been taking those every day.  I stopped taking the Nexium, because the side effects  were killing me.  I felt  better off of it, than on it.  I am being scoped tomorrow, so I will know the effects of the reflux and know if it is mandatory that I be on a PPI.  They have  yet to decide if reflux is my problem.  Also,  something that I have noticed is that  occasionally my urine is cloudy.  I thought that was interesting  since you said that about the kidneys.   Let me know what you think.

Amy
well..my intuition from thinking about this is that if you do have parasites or even bacteria or yeast that the fluttering could just be a reaction to alot of simultaneous stimulus in the upper intestinal area...anotherwords like being tickled and it gives you a muscular twitch...i would take it seriously as motivation to bet more healthy since all of those things can develop into more serious issues and being that i am the healthy guy (sarc!) but seriously bacteria, yeast and parasites are nutritionally solved in the long run...you have to do things for the general health of the colon...like you are doing with the acidopholus.. and there are some other things you can do...I know a christian nutritionist who will give you free phone advice if you want his 800 number its 800-705-9958 his name is mike..