Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Folded stomach or twisted

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Folded stomach or twisted

Has anyone heard of a twisted or folded stomach? Would like to know more about this condition..
Yes I have, My mother recently Had a surgery to correct this, her stomach had flipped completely upside down, affecting her digestion, bowels and everthing in between, it can be corrected with surgery.
           I was just informed today that I have a twisted stomach, and I am being sent to a surgeon for a consultation.  I would also like to know more about this condition.  The only other entities I have known who had this was my Uncle's St. Bernard, and our old milk cow we had when I was a child.  Funny as this seems, I am scared to death.  Does ANYONE have any idea what causes it and what type of surgery is utilized to correct it?  Is it a type of Laser surgery or the conventional type?  I hope someone is listening, and I hope it is someone other than a veteranarian!!!
                                Thanks,
                                  shoes
                                Thanks,
                                  shoes
A related discussion, Some info would be great! was started.
A related discussion, twisted or folded stomach was started.
A related discussion, twisted stomach was started.
A related discussion, Stomach twisting was started.
A related discussion, I am Getting Ready to have Surgery soon was started.