Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
GASTRO PARESIS ?

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

GASTRO PARESIS ?

6 months ago I was diagnosed with idiopathic gastro paresis. Since then I have developed chronic pain in the middle of my back, bouts of frequent urination, and I have recently had a teratoma tumor removed from my right ovary. Since the tumor was benign, and only the size of a golf ball, my gynecologist believes that it has not attributed to any of my other symptoms or the gastro paresis.
Prior to June I was a healthy 27 year old with no medical illnesses. Is all of this a strange coincidence or could there possibly be some underlining illness?
All of my blood work has turned out normal. I am not diabetic or anemic.All of my urine tests have been normal and a recent x-ray of my back doesn
I am not aware of a connection between the ovarian mass and gastroparesis.  

To further evaluate the back pain and urination, you can consider a CT scan and ultrasound to further evaluate the kidneyes.  The urine should be sent off for analysis to rule out diabetes and infection.  

Musculoskeletal etiologies of the back pain can also be considered, via an MRI.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b
Wow ..I hope u get answers...It must be frustrating...Anyway..I also was diagnosed with Gastroparesis...very frustrating as I am young as well and I never had problems before...My developed after getting a naval piercing and my doc said there was no connection but I am wondering cuz I had a pretty bad infection. I also developed problems with horrible constipation ( which was also new for me) did u have the same problem? best of luck
Thank you for your comments. To answer your question I have not experienced any issues with constipation. You might want to try an over the counter fiber supplement.