Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Gall Bladder and Heart Rate?
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Gall Bladder and Heart Rate?

Sometimes after a meal I have some mild pain under the ribcage on the right side and feel somewhat bloated.  My doctor thinks this might be developing gall bladder problems.  I've noticed that my heart rate seems to go up during these episodes, like to 85 or 95 bpm.  I think my heart rate normally goes up a little when I'm digesting food, but it seems more pronounced when I have these "gall bladder attacks" or whatever they are.  That seems odd, why would there be a connection between the gall bladder and my heart?

Are mild attacks like this reason for big concern?  Should I have my gall bladder checked?  I know other people have really severe pain from gall bladder disease, but this is just more of an annoyance and has been happening for years.