Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Gall Bladder

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Gall Bladder

Without reading further is a Hida test result of 21% no stones enough to consider gall bladder removal? I became quezzy and weak during the test.  A feeling I have from time to time.

I suffer from bad reflux / indigestion / I have a hiccup burp frequently/ go from constipated to diareaha/ have attacks of severe pain in center of chest at at indent below brestbone / IBS when I eat fatty foods like a ribeye or mexican. Are these possible gall bladder problems?

Now with question 1 and 2 would it be reasonable to consider gall bladder surgery?

Sometimes my stool can be very light a couple of times over the past year it was actually grey.  More frequently than not it is yellowish or yellow.  Can this be related to the gall bladder? I know it is an effect of bile.

I suffer from heart palps and SVT will this complicate my gall bladder procedure?

Do you believe there is a connection between gall bladder problems and a link to heart palps in some cases?  Have you ever considered heart palps a possible symptom of gall bladder disease?
There are smaller studies that suggest removing the gallbladder can help in cases of low GB ejection fraction.

The symptoms you describe can be due to gallbladder disease.

Changes in stool color can indicate a biliary duct obstruction.  The ultrasound can suggest this.  An MRCP or ERCP would be needed for a more definitive answer.

Heart conditions can complicate any surgical procedure.

I would discuss these questions with a general surgeon or GI physician.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patients education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
www.kevinmd.com
You are pretty much suffering the same symptoms as I have.  I feel irritable and fatigue from time to time, and have a gb ef 7%, no stones.  I get burpy and gassy too, and often get yellow/greenish loose stools.  I breakout a sweat after eating any heavy fatty food, and used to get the fast heart poundings as well.  Heart palps are often caused by stress on your body, I guess I have learned to take it easy lately.

Unfortunately I can't tell you to have cholecystectomy or not, as I am debating that myself, but am planning to have one scheduled, still.

I had some heartburn 3 years ago, and cured it with removal of the H. Pylori virus. I am now on a low fat diet and mostly suffers from having a hard time to get a good night's sleep.

I think one of my doctors said it the best: "only take it out if you think your pain is unbearable"... I don't know if I can manage...
I already assumed removing the gall bladder would help with low ejection rate cause then you wouldn't have an ejection rate (no gall bladder)..duh!

Noted on the symptoms

The rest of the answer was about as grey an answer as my GI doc or any other gives.  Flip a coin....right.  It's weird we can control complicated computers and put men in outer space, we make cars that run on grease but we just can't figure out the simplistic digestive mechanisms of man....or maybe you just don't want to say.
I would seek out another doctor, if you are not getting to the bottom of your discomfort.  5 years ago I had my GB removed.  Kept suffering with like pain, was admitted thru ER several times, tests run and kept coming up with no answers until this last time, they discovered I needed an ERCP, I had 3 of them done to clear my CBD.  For the first episodes, nothing was done because we live in a very rural community that does not have a gastro.  I don't understand why they are not wanting to do a GB removal or should I say have not done it yet.  Have they done blood work.  Also I feel that had they ordered the ERCP when my GB was removed I would not have suffered for 5 years with all the pain I suffered.  And ended up with very HIGH liver counts and high bilirubin in my blood, and blood in my urine as my kidneys were trying to remove the poison that my liver could not function to remove it.  My son was told that had he not drug me to the ER when he did I would not have lasted another 2-3 days.  I was just sick and tired of going to doctors and ERs only to return home feeling worse.