Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Gallbladder Diease

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Gallbladder Diease

I recently had a CCK Hydra scan of the gallbladder and the result of the test was an output of 14.7%.  Two years ago I had the same test done with a resulting output of 50%.  Is this a clear indication of gallbladder diease?  I have been experiencing alot of pain over the last three years and I can't get a hold of my doctor to find out.
Am scheduled for a cat scan to follow up on gallbladder disease.
Also am showing cysts on liver. Is this condition common ?
My mother is 80 years old. She has been experiencing nausea and a pain in her side. She has gone to her local doctor who is a surgeon who ran a cat scan and a test that showed her gallblader (gallbladder) was functioning and had a gallstone. The doctor said before he ran the tests that he wanted to eliminate other causes before the operation. Upon conclusion of the tests he had run, I asked him whether that ruled out all other causes that could be giving her the symptoms. He said it could also be an ulcer and would do a test putting a scope down her throat. If he did not find an ulcer she would be scheduled for the next day to have her gallbladder removed. Approx. 10 months ago we lost my father to a pulmonary embolism following a operation to remove his colon.
Needless to say my mother is scared, and unsure if this is the correct diagnosis and procedure.
What kind of a specialist would be sought out for this type of symptoms?
Is removal necessary?
Are there any other options out their to disolve the stone or remove the stone without surgery?
Can you recommend any doctor's that would specialize in this type of illness. We live in Marathon, Florida 33050. This is located at the souther tip of Florida about 100 miles from Miami and 54 miles from Key West.

Yours truly,
William J. C. DEvitt / Son
WHAT ARE THE SYMTOMES OF GALLBLADDER DISEASE SUCH AS GALLSTONE?
WHAT ARE THE SYMTOMS (symptoms) OF GALLSTONE AND HOW IS IT DIAGNOSED?
From what I understand, symptoms of gall bladder
disease and/or stones - can range from none at all -
to acute severe symptoms.

Some may get just belching, gas and slight nausea.
Then on the other end of the spectrum - patients
report getting severe right quad pain that can
extend to the back under the shoulder blade. And may
get sick and vomit after eating fatty foods. [ Milk,
cream, eggs, bacon, etc., etc. ]
Oh, for a diagnosis. There is/was a special x-ray where
you have to take some pills for a few days before...
so it works kinda like a dye I suppose. Then this
can be detected in the bile ducts via an x-ray to see
if you have blockages or stones or sand-like material
plugging the ducts.

Now, I think most times - they just do a sonogram
of your right quad.
I would say yes...it gradually stops working over time...I had to get my gallbladder removed....not a big deal.  Taking Flax Seed Oil (2-3) caplets a day helps your digestion dramatically.  It also helps your arteries and your heart.If you have stomach pain and pain that shoots down into your lower abdomen area after you eat fatty foods (pizza, micro-beers, chocolate etc.)  I would go see someone about getting your gallbladder out.  Most people live healthy lives without it...unfortunately I'm not one of them.Good luck...
I just had a laparoscopic removal of my gallbladder and I would like to know about the short-term as well as the long term diet I should be adhering to
I had gallbladder surgery almost three months ago, and have had diareha and vomitting since.  Also I started fainting from lack of digested nutrition.  Anyone out there with similar problems?
THE DOCTOR REMOVED MY HUSBAND GALLBLADDER SAYING HE HAD GALLSTONE ONLY TO FIND OUT THEY WAS IN HIS LIVER WHICH THEY STILL HAVE NOT REMOVED. CAN THIS CAUSE DEATH,BY NOT REMVING THEM?THIS WAS A MONTH AGO.
I have been told that I have a gallbladder.  I am scheduled for an ultrasound within the next month but in the meantime I am worried.  I was told it can rupture.  Is this is true?  My cholesterol is 251.  Can a gallbladder affect losing weight?  I am 5'6 1/2" and I weigh 195 lbs.
I just getting over gallbladder attack. Am I going to have it for rest of my life. I had gallstone remove and it is inherited
in my family. What best advice as diet?

I was diagnosed with gallbladder disease recently. I first had an xray done which showed nothing wrong. Then I had a sonogram on a new machine that is supposed to produce great images and it showed nothing. My sister did a test on her gallbladder which "shrank it." Her doctor said she had a "sick gallbladder" with no stones. My doctor says it runs in families and says I could do the same test. However, since he put me on a lowfat diet of 20 grams per day....I haven't had any pain at all except when I had a terrible allergy attack (from coughing and blowing my nose so hard) and the aching I have for my favorite foods.

Should I get further testing? Are there any diets that actually build the health of the gallbaldder rather than just prevent fat from bothering it? I weigh 108 and I do not want to lose any more weight. My sister is 97 lbs. I was eating about 90 grams of fat before this diet.
i am having a lot of pain from my gallbladder after eating can you tell me the best foods for me to eat while i am having this trouble
I had my gallbladder removed 9 years ago when I was 18 years old due to stones, I was not informed about changing my diet and as a result have developed pancretitis and liver dysfunction, I strongly recommend to consider other options before having a gallbladder removed and if you do go on to a lowfat diet for the rest of your life to avoid other more painful outcomes.  If you can get hold of a book called 'The Liver Cleansing diet' by Australian Doctor Dr Sandra Cabot, she has done alot of research in this area.  You need to always do your own research as each doctor seems to handle these problems in different ways.
A couple of nights ago I started getting severe pain underneath my rib cage, right under my diapragm.  It was unrelieved with antacid and vomiting, so I ended up in the ER after 2 hours of this pain.  When I got there, my B/P was elevated, and I was hyperventilating.  The Dr. immediately diagnosed me with a gallbladder attack.  I got a shot of Toradol and 45 minutes later the pain started returning and then I got a shot of Nubane.  My lab tests were ok and abdominal xray was ok except that my intestines showed alot of gas pockets.  Today I had a gallbladder ultra sound and an UGI.  I have not yet found out the results, except that my gallbladder is full of sludge and I have no stones.  I have heard that during a gallbladder attack, your Amalyse is elevated.  Is this true?  I also wonder, what is sludge in your gallbladder and is this common.  Our local hospital is known for gallbladder surgery, and I don't want to loose mine if I don't have to.
I had my gallbladder taken out April 12th. The removal of galbladder was not a problem. But by the time the doctor removed my gallbladder my liver and pancreas was shutting down. I had gallstones in the ducts. I had the gallstones removed before surgery. Then after they removed my gallbladder..my pancreas was so bad..it put me in ICU for a week. Then on a regular hospital floor for another week. I had at least 4-5 catscans while in the hospital. And at least 5-6 more since I got out April 20th. Since then everything that I eat hurts. It used to be that what ever I would drink or eat would hurt really bad. I have had problems with not being able at times to hold anything down. I go tomorrow for another pelvis cat-scan. Has anyone had any problems like the ones I have gone through since April?
I had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago. Since then I have a hard time digesting fatty foods and meat. I have sworn off pork and take fiber every night. My life has been a cycle of constipation and diahria (sic). I have learned to live with this. I do not regret having my gallbadder removed since the attacks were worse.I gained weight after the surgery but now have done the reverse since I have to watch what I eat. More picky. I have lost close to 50 pounds. It just comes off. I have found that more vegetables and grains, Lots of water and green tea has been the best for me. To keep the stones would have been death. I am glad to be alive and wil do now whatever it takes to stay healthy.
I have had my Gallbladder removed on August 3rd 2000. Doctors have found 9-11 stones, their mother was 2.3cm. I want to know what kind of precausious should i follow to avoid further problems?? Thanks. By the way, doctors all tend to forget the most imporatnt thing after operations which is food and diets, the most important things::)) i am 38 now.
i  had gall bladder stone .its oprated .does it slow down my matabolism.
Just about a month and 1/2 ago I started exspieriencing servere chest pain, with pain up my upper back.  I thought I was having a heart attack.  Since then the pain has worsened, now it happens off and on during the day, one time for four hours, the next seven hours.  At first doubling my prevacid worked with taking mylanta, now nothing will take the pain away.  And there is no way of knowing when another attack is coming on. I've been to the emergency room twice, and all they do is rule out heart attack, or heart problems.  No one will see me because I don't have insurance, and I can't afford to pay $200 bucks up front.  Today I went to a doctor who said there is nothing he can do for me.  I'm very upset and discouraged with life.  I ask the doctor about my possibility of gallbladder problems, he didn't really give me a straight answer and I don't think he really cared to help me because I didn't have any insurance.  If there is anyone who can help me with discovering what my problem is please let me know.  Also I  know vomit with my pains in my chest, and belch all the time.  Please respond if you can help me.
I have been having pretty severe pains on and off for the last three months.  They usually occur under my rib cage.  I have had several tests done.  I have been told that the doctors can not see my gallbladder.  All they have told me is that I have acid reflex disease.  I have also been told to eat high protein foods and cut down on carbohydrates.  I have gone back and forth between many medications.  For the last week I have been burping a lot, mostly in late afternoon to the evening.  This usually also brings on pains to my side.  Does anyone experience the same thing or know what I should do?
I was diagnosed in January 2000 with gallstones in my gallbladder.
My doctor told me to go to the hospital to remove the gallbladder.
I am afraid. In April I changed my diet. I'm now on DrAttkinson
diet with high protein and lots of fat, a little of carbs.
Since April I have been feeling fantastic. My heartburn disappeared, I had no pain at all.
For the past week my heartburn came back and is stronger,
also  I feel pain in my gallbladder.
Maybe someone who has the same problems could give me some
advise.
i get real nausaed and vomit my doc. cant fint out whats wrong
can you tell me if it sounds like gallbladder troube thanks
need to know systoms of gallbladder pain
I just had my galbladder out. So far so good. Surgery was just under an hour. I went in at 7:30am, and was home the same day by noon. A have had a little bit of diahria, and some gas pains. But nothing major. There was minimal pain after the surgery. I have cut down on fatty foods and have lost 50 pounds so far. I feel great. So far, so good. I think results varies from person to person. Good luck to everyone!
Dear Dr According to my personal openion there is no need operation for gall stones because the gall stone can remove by homoeopathic medication.

From
Dr A.J Chughtai
Pakisan
***@****
Dear Doctor,
In Gall Stone homoeopathic medication  is most effective

From
Dr Arfat Amjad
***@****
I have a friend whose gallbladder bursted before she had emergence operation.  She was told by the Doctors, she almost died.  She was also told that the material in the gallbladder that escaped into the boyd would cause her internal organs to stick together.  What she she do?
I have a friend with a similar problem. Lots of pain, no diagnosis. I'd like more information on the CCK Hydra