Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Gallbladder attacks minus the gallbladder

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

I had my gallbladder removed about 4 months ago.  I still seem to have gallbladder attacks!  The pain is bearable - a 3 instead of a 9 or a 10, what it used to be.   I've been told these could be anything from phantom attacks to "true" heartburn.  Has anyone else experienced this and how can I control it?
could you still have stones in your bile ducts?

you may want to ask your dr about this. an ERCP can
discover this.

sandy
You may want to ask your doctor about biliary dyskinesia.  I have had similar pain since my gallbladder was out and now take an anti-seizure med (Gabitril) and also an anti-spasmotic (Robinul).  Biliary Dyskinesia is a spasming of the bile duct and I'm not sure what causes it.  My gastro has ruled out stones, cancer, tumors, etc. by doing bloodtest, MRCP, abdominal catscan.  He did do a Debray Procedure which is where you are injected with morphine and if this reproduces similar pain you test positive for biliary dyskinesia.  They had to give me nitro several times to reverse the effects.  I sometimes wonder if the clips they left in or possible adhesions are the problem.  Hope you find relief.  My prays are with you.  Take care.
Hi .. I was experiencing the same pain after gall bladder surgery in August as you are describing. I went back to the ER and was diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis. If I can be of any help please feel free to contact me ***@****
The exact same thing happened to me last night.  My gallbladder was removed last Tuesday and last night,(Sunday), I had a gallstone attack minus the gallbladder.  It was so strange!  I finally went to the E.R.  The pain wasn't as bad as it had been prior to the removal but it was still extremely painful.  Please let me know if you or anyone has more information on this.
I had gallbladder surgery Tuesday. I thought my problems were over,not. I've read on this site similar problems. Does anyone know what to take or how to correct the problem? Mine seems to be pressure feeling and bloating in the center of my chest at the breast bone. Anyone had this problem? What can I do? Doc says bile duct looked good.
Ihad my gallbladder out in 93. Then then diarrhea began but in a few years only seemed bad if I ate something really fatty. Then in 99 I had a nissen fundoplication to fix a hiatal hernia. This left me with pancreatitis and biliary dyskinesia which is very painful. It is often like a gall bladder attack +10. My pancreas or vagus nerve to the GI tract was cut or nicked. It has basically changed my life. Does anyone know any good email lists for biliary dyskinesia...thanks
I had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago and found that I still had a pain iin my right side sometimes after eating. It was kind of like a cramp but more uncomfortable then anything else. I now do the liver cleanse and have flushed over 2000 "gallstones" from my liver. I did 10 flushes 2 weeks apart cost was less then $5.00 a cleanse and all the ingredients come from the grocery store. I got rid of the pain in my side, headaches and skin rash. I have loads more energy. It took me over 3 months after I got the recipe to try it but I finally did and am really glad I did. I am not sure if it will help ya'll but it did loads of stuff for me. I also did not due the parasite cleanse before doing the liver cleanse and I had no problem flushing the stones. I also tried drinking organic apple juice a few days prior to the cleanse. I did not fast but just drank 2 glasses a day for 3 days prior (must be room temperature) That also helps break down the "stones" in your liver. That worked well too as when I did the flush the stones were already crumbling. (and I really hate apple juice) I have noted a few web sites FYI. I would also recommend a colon cleanse for some of you. Might try it prior to the cleanse. You don't have to believe in everything noted on these web-sites but the liver cleanse does work.

http://curezone.com/cleanse/liver/huldas_recipe.asp
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DrClark-testimonials/